Tuesday, August 3, 2010

More from before

I have been making quilts for a long time now, about 14 years actually I started in High School. My good friend gave me a quilt for my 17th birthday. It was all over after that. I used to just do the sandwich type, but now I piece the tops. Here are some of my favorites that I haven't given away. (I have given away a lot of ones that I love) I didn't used to take pics. Wow have I learned my lesson. Now I always take pictures so that if I want to re-create something I have done in the past then I can. I don't really use patterns I make up my own, so it helps to have the pis for memory jogging.

I made this attic windows pattern, (its the cheater way with no Y seams. . . I hate Y seams.) It's pretty cool because it makes these little pockets on every square!








This one I made for my sister for christmas one year, she chose the colors and I worked on it I think that she ended up getting it about 10 months late, but she does love it. :)

I wanted to make a black and white with a splash of color. I really love the way it turned out.








1 comment:

  1. I love red, black and white. I am working on a quilt with those colors now. The first quilt is awesome and the 3-D look is great. Need to get with you, 'cause I would love to learn how to make it :D SKUHLMANN

    ReplyDelete